Levi’s Vintage Clothing
Levi’s Vintage Clothing 1984 501 - Rigid Dark Wash
Crank it up. Levi’s® Vintage Clothing presents Fall/Winter 2020, a tribute to the ’80s Louisville underground music scene that ultimately paved the way for Seattle’s transformative grunge scene. Their uniform of choice was a pair of classic ’80s Levi’s® 501® Jeans mixed with strong graphic elements and DIY attitude. With this collection, we celebrate these artists and the legacy they left behind.
This archival reproduction of pair of 501® Jeans from 1984 embodies the sweeping technological advances of the ’80s. While smaller-batch, slightly more irregular selvedge denim used to be our standard, new technology let us produce wider, less flawed fabric rolls — known as “wide goods.” So we began to use this wide goods, Shrink-to-Fit™ denim in our 501® Original Jeans. We crafted this pair from indigo Red selvedge denim because, while technology’s cool, we still love a unique selvedge.
- An exact reproduction of a pair of 501® jeans from the early '80s
- During this time, Levi's® was transitioning from selvedge to non-selvedge denim
- Made with our classic straight leg and button fly
- Crafted from rigid denim
- Twin needle Arcuate
- These jeans are inspired by the era when Levi’s® moved away from smaller-batch, slightly irregular selvedge denim in favor of more mass-produced, less flawed “wide goods” Shrink-to-Fit™ denim
- Regular fit through the thigh
- Sits at your waist
- Front rise: 11.875"
- Straight leg
- Leg opening: 15.75"
- Measurements are taken from a size 33 waist
- 100% cotton
- Non-stretch 12 oz. Red selvedge denim (14 oz. after wash)
- Button fly
- 5-pocket styling
- Wash your jeans once every 10 wears at most; this increases their lifespan and saves natural resources
- When you eventually launder your jeans, wash and dry them inside out with like colors; liquid detergent is recommended