Levi’s Vintage Clothing
Levi’s Vintage Clothing 1954 501Z - Rigid Dark Wash
The Levi's® Vintage Clothing 1954 501® Jean was originally released as the "501® Z," and represents Levi's® expansion into new territory. In the mid-1950s, Levi's® started selling its trademark 501® Jeans on the East Coast. Up to this point, Western states had been the primary sales region since the jeans first came about in 1873, and there the garment had grown a loyal following. East Coasters, however, were largely unfamiliar with this button fly work pant. To make it more approachable for new wearers, Levi's® introduced a new version. They took the original 501® Shrink-to-Fit™ Jean, replaced the classic button fly with a zipper, and named it the "501® Z." It retained all the other details loved by longtime wearers: the famed silhouette, rivets and tough-but-flexible denim. Retailers began providing customers with both options—the 501® Jean and its zippered brother, the 501® Z. Today Levi's® has recreated the latter, to help tell their story of the 501® and its evolution through the decades.
- 100% Cotton
- Non-Stretch Denim
- Zip fly
- Two large back pockets with concealed rivets; Two-Horse leather (bovine) patch; Big "E" red tab; Twin needle arcuate stitches
- Wash And Dry Inside Out With Like Colors; Liquid Detergent Is Recommended; Shrinkage In Wash Approximately 10%
- Sits at waist
- Regular fit through thigh
- Straight leg opening: 15"
- Measurements based on size 32